We're strong proponents of healthy eating, but sometimes happy eating just has to come first. After all, we don't blame anyone for craving all things buttery, fatty, and starchy (sorry if that description is unraveling your 2016 healthy eating plans), because sometimes you just need to feed your soul. That's what this dish does. If you're enjoying a night in to yourself or want to treat your loved ones after a hard day's work, you can't go wrong by whipping up this super-easy, super quick pasta that pairs great with sweat pants, your favorite Netflix show, and the rest of the white wine you have leftover from making the sauce. And yes, we do mean the rest of it.
This pasta serves 2, but you can double it easily.
- 8 ounces of bowtie pasta (or any pasta you prefer, really)
- 1/4 cup pasta water
- 3 ounces chopped pancetta or bacon (you can buy pre-chopped pancetta at some stores, but chopping up some thin bacon works perfectly fine as well)
- 1 large leek or 2 small leeks, sliced thin (discard the roots and dark green stems)
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (we like a good sauv blanc, but it's up to you)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Sneaky Greens Himalayan Pink Salt (our grinder works perfectly for this pasta!)
- Sneaky Greens Organic Black Pepper
- Freshly grated Parmesan
- First, cook your pasta according to package directions. When it's done, drain the pasta and set it aside, but be sure to save at least 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid for later.
- While your pasta is cooking (or after—your pace is the best pace), sauté your bacon or pancetta until the edges start to brown.
- Add the sliced leeks and butter and cook for an additional 5 to 8 minutes. Be careful not to let your leeks brown very much. If you need to, you can turn down the heat a little.
- Next, turn the heat down to low and stir in the white wine. Let it cook for a few more minutes until the wine is reduced.
- Stir in the heavy cream. You don't have to add all of it, but if you like things a little saucy, go ahead and just put it all in there.
- Add in Parmesan shavings, Sneaky Greens Himalayan Pink Salt, and Sneaky Greens Organic Black Pepper, all to taste.
- Add in the pasta. Fold it all together, then serve with a little more (or a lot more) grated Parmesan.
- Don't forget to put on your sweats.
This recipe originally adapted from The Pioneer Woman.